PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING SERVICE
At RJC , we specialize in high-quality custom plastic injection molding and mold tool making. Plastic injection molding is by far the industry’s most common way to manufacture plastic parts, especially when making larger quantities. We provide custom molding for 50 to 100,000+ injection-molded parts as well as a wide range of other manufacturing and finishing services to complete your project.
WHAT IS PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING?
Plastic injection molding involves melting granular plastic pellets into a liquid form and then compressing this liquid into the empty cavity of a mold tool. The plastic will retain the shape of the mold as well as the surface texture of the walls of the cavity. After an optimized injection and cooling phase, the now solidified plastic part is ejected and the molding cycle is repeated. This molding cycle can take from as little as a few seconds to several minutes depending upon part size, molding resin, and part design.
In addition, Insert molding and overmolding are other kinds of the molding in injection processes. RJC can support your next projects with a dedicated molding process.
ADVANTAGES OF PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING
• We have thousands of different types of plastic available for you to choose from, for a wide range of mechanical and cosmetic properties.
• Plastic injection molding is great for larger volumes with production mold (Reasonable lifespan Of Mold Tool). For smaller volumes, we might recommend Soft Mold ( sampling Mold ) depending on the needs of your project.
• Hundreds of thousands of parts can be produced from a single mold tool.
• Your part can have excellent surface quality finishes in a wide range of polishes and textures.
• Injection molding allows you to do over-molding to combine different types of plastic in one piece. It is ideal for lightweight parts that are immune to corrosion.